General Policies and Procedures
Request for Same Spot as Last Year – Deadline 5/31/19
The Orchard Park Festival of the Arts Committee will assign Exhibitor display space based upon same site selection marked on the Exhibitor Application or what is still available at the time of acceptance. Please note that numbers have changed and to use the map for location preference. The Committee will try to accommodate the same site selection based on Exhibitor Application having final Jury acceptance and site logistics. All other spaces will be assigned according to availability as well as site logistics.
Each Exhibitor is required to have final acceptance and total payment received before any consideration is given. The space assigned is the Exhibitor’s for the entire Festival and display must remain up for both days. No Exhibitor will break down their display or leave the Festival before the Festival ends without prior approval from the Orchard Park Festival of the Arts Committee. Full payment must be received by the Chamber by July 1st.
- Painting (Acrylics/Oil/Pastels/Watercolor) – Works created in acrylics, oil, pastels, watercolor
- Graphics / Drawing – Drawing, printmaking, computer-generated art, including pencil, charcoal, chalk, pen and ink
- Photography – Prints from original negatives and processed by Exhibitor
- Sculpture – Original work done in any medium
- Body Care – Original handmade soaps, lotions, perfumes, etc.
- Candles – Original works that are handcrafted and hand-poured
- Decorative Painting – Painted objects, including fabric or clothing items, stenciled objects, tole-painted objects, wood cutouts, lawn ornaments, other wood items, painted slates or other natural materials
- Fabric & Fiber / Leather – Bags, belts, hats, purses, scarves, knit or crocheted items, needlework, sewn accessories, felt items, wall hangings, quilts, rugs, mats, basketry, weaving, and tapestry, etc.
- Floral Design – Wreaths, garlands, bouquets or other arrangements using dried, pressed, or silk florals
- Glass – Fused, blown, stained, molded glass items other than jewelry
- Jewelry – Original handmade designs from metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper or other materials
- Metal – Lawn ornaments, wall hangings, furniture or any metalwork other than jewelry.
- Mixed Media – Original work involving two or more mediums
- Packaged Specialty Foods – Original handmade gourmet mixes (sauces, condiments, dressings, soups, spreads/dips), salsas, mustards, jams, dog biscuits, etc. for off-premises consumption
- Pottery / Ceramics – Original works including wheel-thrown items, vessels, or other items made from clay
- Woodworking – Furniture, carved items, wooden vessels, intarsia, etc. that are hand-tooled, machine-tooled, turned or carved
Certificate of Liability Insurance
ALL EXHIBITORS must provide proof of insurance with minimum limits of $1M each occurrence / $2M aggregate (including Products/Completed Operations), naming the “Orchard Park Central School District, Orchard Park Chamber of Commerce and Orchard Park Festival of the Arts, its Members and Officers” as Additional Insured (Form: ACCORD 25 2016-03). For a home based business, a signed Hold Harmless Agreement may be substituted. Also acceptable is a Homeowner’s Binder or Declaration Page stating $500,000 worth of liability coverage. Exhibitor must display list of ingredients for all Body Care and/or Packaged Specialty Foods. Food Vendors must display Erie County Health Permits for Foods.
Work Criteria and Restrictions
All works exhibited MUST be original works of the Exhibitor(s) and must be designed, created and handcrafted by the Exhibitor. No commercially produced items, commercial kits/patterns, buy and sell items, pre-assembled/manufactured items, rubber stamps or commercial molds will not be allowed and are strictly prohibited. The sale of prepared food, beverages, herbs, potpourri, incense, chewing gum, candy, t-shirts, toupees, wigs, and items made of recycled products (milk cartons, soda cans, etc.) are prohibited. All Jewelry must be created by Exhibitor, with no plastic beads. Free gifts to encourage “home shows” and raffles are prohibited.
Vehicle Entry Rules
Instructions for entry to the Festival grounds will be sent to you once you have been accepted and assigned your designated spot. Vehicles must be unloaded and then must be moved to a designated parking area or outside of the Festival grounds. There is no exhibitor parking on the Middle School grounds or in the street between the Festival barricades. The Exhibitor parking pass must be displayed in the front window of your vehicle to gain access to the Festival grounds and at all times while on Festival grounds. Exhibitors are allowed one parking pass per single spot reserved. No “extra” parking passes will be distributed. VEHICLES ARE NOT TO BE DRIVEN ON ANY GRASS AREA ON THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS. Exhibitors not following the parking rules and requirements will not be invited back to future Festivals.
Display Set-Up Rules
The Festival Committee provides the space only. Exhibitors must bring their own tents, tables, chairs, etc. Exhibitors may begin to set up display after 4:00 p.m. on Friday, September 13th or on Saturday, September 14th after 6:00 a.m. All displays, however, must be completely set up with vehicles removed from the Festival grounds before 9:00 a.m. Saturday and before 9:00 a.m. Sunday for restocking of your booth. Vehicles will not be admitted to the Festival grounds after 9:00 a.m. Saturday and 9:00 a.m. Sunday.
All outdoor spaces are 10 feet frontage by 12 feet deep. All indoor spaces are 10 feet frontage by 6 feet deep. If a canopy is used, guy lines may not exceed more than one foot from a pole and are not to be placed in a walkway. Exhibitors must keep all displays within the confines of their tents/space. If Exhibitor space is assigned to a blacktop or concrete surface, Exhibitor will not damage the surface in any way. Exhibitors are fully responsible for their display and all contents.
Security is provided during the Festival and overnight, however, the Festival Committee accepts no responsibility or liability for damaged, lost or stolen items. Exhibitors must maintain a neat and clean area in and around their display and MUST return their area to its pre-Festival conditions. If Exhibitor places straw, cardboard, plastic, etc. on the ground in their display, Exhibitor is responsible for the removal of all materials by the conclusion of Festival. In the event of inclement weather, Exhibitor Space locations may need to be modified.
No generators are allowed. Electricity may not be available.
NYS Sales Tax ID Number
All Exhibitors are required to provide a current NYS Sales Tax ID Number and must provide that number upon application or, if pending, must provide number prior to the start of the Festival. NYS Sales Tax must be collected for all sales. Exhibitors must have a current Certificate of Authority and visibly display that Certificate in their booth at all times throughout the Festival. For further information on applying for a NYS Sales Tax ID Number, visit www.tax.ny.gov or call 1-518-485-2889. By signing and submitting an Exhibitor Application, Exhibitor agrees that the Committee’s decisions on all issues are final. Any violation of the rules will result in Exhibitor being asked to leave the Festival grounds without a refund and Exhibitor will not be invited back to future Festivals.
EXHIBITOR & FOOD VENDOR’S PACKET
Upon receipt of your Total Payment, you will be receiving your confirmation letter along with an Exhibitor’s Packet containing:
- Map & Booth Location
- Unloading & Loading Instructions
- Parking Hangtag – Exhibitors will be directed to a designated parking area
You can download a printable PDF version of the Policies and Procedures here:
Orchard Park Festival of the Arts General Policies & Procedures — updated November 30, 2018
If you have questions, please call the Orchard Park Chamber of Commerce at 716-662-3366.